Flyaways often happen because the hair is dry or doesn't have enough volume to weigh it down. In the case of babies and young kids, often both are true. To combat dryness and volume, we recommend:
1. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner or leave-in conditioner to smooth down flyaways and add shine. (Available Summer 2023!)
2. If your child has dry or sensitive skin, consider using a natural oil, such as coconut oil or avocado oil, to tame flyaways and add moisture to their hair or hair products that contain oils.
3. Use a soft-bristled brush or detangling brush to gently smooth down hair.
4. Newborn hair is often lighter in weight and volume. You may want to think about a first haircut to shape and style the hair (I know, I know, I wasn't ready!) If not, see option or shop below.
Curly hair can be prone to frizz, especially in humid weather. But with the right care, you can help reduce frizz and keep your child's curls looking healthy and defined. Here are a few tips to get started:
1. Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Sulfates can strip the hair of its natural oils, leading to dryness and frizz. Look for products specifically formulated for curly hair. (coming Summer 2023!)
2. Avoid brushing and combing when the hair is dry. Instead, use a wide-tooth comb, detangling brush or your fingers to gently detangle curls when they are wet and coated in conditioner.
3. Use a leave-in conditioner or curl defining cream. These products can help add moisture and definition to curls, helping to reduce frizz.
By following these tips, you can help take care of frizz and keep your child's curls looking their best!
Static hair in babies and kids can be a common problem during the winter months due to the dry air. Here are some tips for controlling static in your child's hair:
1. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to help add moisture to the hair and reduce static. (coming Summer 2023!)
2. Avoid using hot water when washing your child's hair, as hot water can strip the hair of its natural oils and lead to more static
3. Use a leave-in conditioner or detangling spray to help reduce tangles and static
4. Avoid using hair dryers on high heat settings, as the heat can cause static
5. Use a humidifier in your child's bedroom to add moisture to the air and reduce static in the hair.
Textured hair is known to be delicate and prone to dryness, especially in babies and kids. Here are some tips for controlling dryness:
1. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to help add moisture to the hair and reduce dryness (if very dry, skip using the shampoo and cowash the hair every other time.)
2. Avoid using hot water when washing your child's hair, as hot water can strip the hair of its natural oils and lead to more dryness
3. Use a leave-in conditioner, styling cream or hair oil to help add moisture to the hair and reduce dryness
4. Avoid using heat-styling tools
5. Use a wide-tooth comb, pick or detangling brush to gently detangle the hair, starting at the ends and working your way up to the roots
6. Consider using protective hairstyles, such as braids or twists, to help protect the hair and prevent dryness.
Tangles and knots in babies and kids' hair can be frustrating to deal with, but there are some simple steps you can follow to tame them:
1. Use a wide-toothed comb or brush specifically designed for detangling. Avoid using a fine-toothed comb, as this can pull and break the hair.
2. Wet the hair before combing or brushing. This will help the comb or brush glide through the hair more easily.
3. Be gentle when combing or brushing the hair. Use slow, smooth strokes, and take care not to pull too hard on any knots or tangles.
4. Use a leave-in conditioner or detangling spray. These products can help to soften the hair and make it easier to comb or brush.
5. If the tangles are particularly stubborn, you may need to use some conditioner or a detangling product and work through the tangles with your fingers before using a comb or brush.
Find out what other moms love from T is for Tame. We have sold over 100,000 bottles in 10+ coutries.
Hair Taming Matte Cream(4,525)Sale
Hair Taming Matte Cream(4,525)Regular price From $12.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$14.99 USDSale price From $12.99 USDSale
Hair Taming & Conditioning Mist Sprayer(108)Regular price From $11.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Hair Taming Wand (Pre Order Only - Back in Stock 5/20/23)(25)Regular price From $8.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$10.99 USDSale price From $8.99 USDSale